Expedition Leader, Adventurer and Excellence Expert
Byron Smith is a riveting keynote speaker on any subject related to leadership, overcoming adversity, goal setting, commitment, motivation, problem solving, risk management, and time management. He is constantly in demand all over the world to deliver his presentations. Byron Smith is a man of many skills. Smith is a mountaineer, entrepreneur and, author. He is an outstanding motivational speaker for business, public service, trade and professional audiences.
Byron Smith has always exemplified success through his extremely focused and goal-orientated character. Early on his in life, Byron set a goal to own a car dealership before the age of 30. At 29 he achieved that goal. He continued to use his focused and goal-orientated personality grow his Ford Motors Dealership into one of the largest volume sales Ford Motors Dealerships in Southern Alberta. For six years, Byron Smith Ford has received the prestigious “Ford Dealership Presidents Award”. This award recognizes business acumen, outstanding customer satisfaction and customer retention. Byron sold Byron Smith Ford in order to pursue other business adventures and interests in 2014.
His strong personality comes through during his presentation. Byron’s ability to set high standards for himself and to never give up on his goals, has led Byron down a path of success. He delivers this message to audience members with the challenge to dream big and to achieve goals. As a result of his powerful story and his motivational messages, Byron has spoken to hundreds of organizations and corporations throughout Canada, Oceania, the U.S.A. and Europe.
Using his business knowledge, life experience, determination and mountaineering experience, he organized and led “Everest 2000”, the most televised Mount Everest expedition in history. On May 21, 2000, broadcasted live on CBC Television, Byron’s triumphant statement: “I can’t go any further… I’m on top of the world”, was heard and seen by millions of people in Canada and the United States. Byron Smith also has the distinction of climbing the highest mountains on all seven continents. He is one of a handful of mountaineers to have accomplished the “Seven Summits Quest”.
Equally important, Byron Smith is a philanthropist and tireless fundraiser for causes close to his heart. He is one of Canada’s ambassadors for the Sir Edmund Hillary Foundation (SEHF). SEHF is a foundation in support of the Sherpa people of Nepal. In addition to the Annual SEHF Gala that Byron hosts, Byron also hosts the Calgary Tower Rappel. The Calgary Tower Rappel allows participants to rappel down the side of the Calgary Tower in exchange for a $10,000.00 donation to the SEHF.
Above all, Byron Smith has used his intensive drive, and determination, to inspire thousands of individuals to believe in themselves. He is passionate about guiding individuals to make it to the top in everything they do with the intention to lead them and teach them practical solutions to overcome all obstacles and succeed. With this in mind, Byron will tailor his presentation to your audience and your desired learning outcomes.
From his opening question Byron Smith challenges, inspires, and motivates audiences with an emotionally engaging and awe inspiring multimedia presentation. Byron tells an incredible story of risk, reward, and success as he relives with audiences his fascinating journey to the top of the world - Mount Everest. Byron Smith is guaranteed to inspire and motivate you to explore your own "Leader From Within”.
See You At The Top “Highlights”:
- Audiences participate in a captivating, riveting, and emotionally stimulating multimedia presentation using visually powerful images and breathtaking video of Byron’s May 2000 Everest summit
- Byron takes audiences on a stunning journey to the top of the world, with his incredi-ble story of calculated risk, commitment, and success
- Byron draws parallels between the business of climbing Everest and the business of achieving personal and professional success
- Byron explores themes of personal leadership, vision, goal-setting, motivation, commitment, and management
- Byron shares his Five Guiding Principles of personal and professional fulfillment, showing the way to "Explore The Leader From Within”
- Powerful, articulate, and inspiring, Byron Smith: See You at the Top is a must for any organization wanting to empower their associates, colleagues, and employees with the knowledge and skills needed to achieve any goal—personally or professionally
See You At The Top
A rare combination of successful entrepreneur and world-class mountain climber, Byron Smith takes readers on a fascinating journey to the top of the world. Drawing on his own experiences from his successful May 2000 summit of Mount Everest, Byron tells an inspirational story of personal and professional risk, reward, and success. You will not want to put it down!
- Accountability | Self Leadership
- Attitude | Change of Attitude
- Business Leadership
- Community | Community Development
- Conflict Management
- Employee Relations | Employee Solutions
- Excellence | Success
- Health and Safety
- Healthcare | Health Care
- Leadership | Leadership Development
- Leadership and Change
- Overcoming Adversity | Adversity
- Performance | Productivity
- Professional Growth | Personal Growth
- Risk | Risk Management
- Teamwork | Team Building
- Youth | Youth Development