Customer Service Trainer | Customer Loyalty Expert
Elaine Allison, (CSP) is known as a Customer Care Advocate and is an international keynote speaker; trainer, consultant and author of the bestselling book The Velvet Hammer: PowHERful Leadership Lessons for Women Who Don’t Golf. With extremely successful results in helping organizations become #1 in Customer Care – Elaine delivers powerful keynotes and learning programs that have an impact on audiences. They leave with techniques in their back pocket that can be used immediately.
Elaine was one of Canada’s first female prison guards in an all male maximum security prison at the age of 19. She had a crash course in understanding how people interact with each other as her life virtually depended on it. She began to truly observe how we resolve issues, discover innovations and uncovered unique methods for dealing with even the most difficult situations.
She has been featured on ABC World News, Global TV, The Globe and Mail and many networks, newspapers, and radio shows across North America. Elaine’s hands-on experience, real life stories and illustrations of what we encounter daily helps audiences consider all their options and apply immediate solutions. Over the years, Elaine has developed training and keynotes for such industries as travel, trades, finance, insurance, military, corrections, police, retail, food services, media, technology, healthcare. Her messages are universal and are tailored to your needs.
She has enthralled audiences from coast to coast in both the United States, Canada and globally with her lively presentations and affable style. She was also the recipient of the 2002 Visions of Excellence | Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
When a customer leaves dissatisfied, or you go broke trying to keep them happy, you won’t be around long to serve them. Client and customer retention is the cornerstone of any business. In fact, every business or not-for-profit organization is actually in the “relationship” business. In this session, attendees will learn the “Ask, Don’t Tell” approach. Elaine believes there is no problem so great that it can’t be solved. She provides a method to understand your final options and walk away position.
When delivering products or services to customers, we know, things don't always go as planned. Those who are the first to put up their hand and say "I Can Fix That!" make a difference and when they do - it protects their brand and their reputation both online and offline.
Today with online reviews, those who neglect Customer Service as their top priority could lose everything they built - quickly. Don't let your people "Practice" on your customer, make sure they have the skills to fix things both internally and externally. Audiences learn the top secrets to avert or fix the toughest customer service challenges, especially when things don't go as planned and stay focused on finding resolve.
In Elaine's leadership programs, the focus is on how leaders can turn their staff into Customer Care Crusaders. In this interactive and laugh out loud session, leaders will: Uncover what service breakdowns to focus on first Discover whether it is a system problem or a people problem, or both and what to do about it Learn how to set limits, encourage and engage teams to deliver their best every time because they want to and can Find out which targets, goals and nets to set with your teams and how they can be hit them every time Build a fool-proof system to keep continuous improvement alive and well on your team.
Most organizations have been focused on capturing and keeping up on the needs of the "next generation". However, organizations will need to keep their eye on the "Silver Tsunami", as it is upon us. 10,000 people a day in the United States are turning 65, Canada is following suit, and it is bigger in Europe.
This demographic is living longer healthier lives than ever before, but they will not be able to always skirt the issues of aging. What was a "customer expectation" before is not what it will be. Audiences will be astounded about how much change is coming, and what they can do about it. For audiences that don't want to get left behind, book this customized informative, laugh-out-loud, jam packed idea sharing session.
Much emphasis has been put on using social media to promote products, but what about using it after the sale? In this session find out why exceptional customer service is even more critical in a connected world. Elaine looks at why every customer touch point matters. She shares the secret on line tool that will give you instant access to your unhappy customer and circumvent instant posts to the world while protecting your brand. Audiences will learn how to save thousands of dollars in market research, customer surveys and focus groups.
If you want to become #1 in Customer Service, or stay there in your industry, then you’ll want to find out how we can help you develop a customized Customer Service Training program distinctly for you. We uncover your most challenging customer service issues, conduct a thorough training needs analysis to discover the top skills that will make the most dramatic improvement. We then develop and deliver a program distinctly for you that gets results. We’ll even help you theme it for your brand or product launch. And if you are interested, we can look at ways to bring it in-house and we’ll train your trainers and leave them with all the materials and leaders’ guides so you have a legacy program for years to come. Training is not a cost, it is an investment. Contact us to see where we can help…
- Are You Ready to Competently Respond, React & Resolve?
- Do you want to avoid costly errors? Expenses such a lawyer and legal fees, court fines, as well as possible compensation that could be awarded for not acting on a complaint effectively, all add up. Let alone, the emotional turmoil for employees.
- Would you prefer to deal with these situations with confidence and competency as they happen, and then know exactly when it would be time to call for outside help?
- In addition, do you want to avoid the possible PR nightmare, embarrassment and team morale issues that can go with it when situations are not dealt with effectively?
- Do you or your management team find it awkward to deal with a complaint, and situations can get avoided? Is confidentiality understood?
- Do you want to learn how others are improving and implementing best practices on how to prevent it in the first place?
Would you like to learn?
- The key parameters or factors to determining if harassment has occurred.
- What can be done to proactively prevent harassment in the workplace?
- Why dealing with a complaint immediately is critical.
- The four key preventative steps and the process for managing harassment situations in the early stages when they happen.
- Understand the potential costs and impact of not handling harassment complaints, or dealing with them effectively?
- How to respond and prepare effectively for informal and formal harassment complaints and when to call for help?
- An interviewing process to investigate the situation and conduct interviews effectively, avoiding common mistakes.
- Identify and utilize appropriate confliction resolution and decision making strategies to handle difficult harassment issues and conflict, complete a fair and thorough investigation and report decisions properly?
- Methods to deal with the aftermath of harassment situations in the workplace and learn as an organization from the situation? ….And much more…
Vancouver, British Columbia
Simply put, a ‘Velvet Hammer’ is a woman—at any level in an organization—who gets things done, and done well, by leading with grace and eloquence. She has let go of trying to make what works for her male counterparts work for her. Instead, she leverages her perspective as a woman to gain the trust, enthusiasm and support of her team. She is direct and impactful (a hammer) yet softens her approach with her innate diplomacy, compassion and warmth (velvet hammer).
- Accountability | Self Leadership
- Conflict Management
- Customer Service | Customer Loyalty
- Employee Relations | Employee Solutions
- Health & Wellness Speakers
- Health and Wellness
- Healthcare Workforce
- Influence | Negotiation
- Leadership | Leadership Development
- Performance | Productivity
- Social Change | Human Rights
- Social Media & Public Engagement Speakers
- Teamwork | Team building
- Tech Trends | Online Business