Resilience, Energy, Performance and Leadership Expert
Linda Edgecombe (CSP) is one of the Top 60 Motivational Speakers in the World. As a result, Linda is a Speaker Hall of Fame of Canada inductee. She is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) and the author of six books. Edgecombe offers insightful, amusing, and practical advice on building a creative, energetic, and engaged team in these challenging times. Linda Edgecombe is an internationally renowned, award-winning, and dynamic speaker. As a result, she creates a massive positive impact wherever she presents. Her presentations are fast-paced and content-rich.
The Wall Street Journal featured Linda Edgecombe as an expert in shifting peoples’ perspectives on their work and home life to stop living in the “when this then that” paradigm. She is a bestselling author, and is one of Canada’s most popular presenters. She has spoke all over the world to audiences from almost every industry. Linda Edgecombe has a passion for empowering women and raising money to rescue girls in Nepal from child contract labor.
Linda’s message is as welcome as a good belly laugh and as profound as an honest look in the mirror. For the past 24 years, she has developed and delivered dynamic presentations on the subjects of Work/Life Balance, Leadership and Accountability across North America and Overseas. Most of her clients choose learning points from a few of her addresses to customize them for their staff/ members. Edgecombe brings over 20 years of recreation, employee wellness, lifestyle, and corporate consulting experience to her programs and her clients. She was a consultant for the Participaction campaign promoting healthy living to North Americans, and is the bestselling author of Breaking Busy: Finding Peace in the Chaos; Boost: Powerful Tools to Re-Energize and Re-Engage You and Your Team in Crazy Times; Shift…Or Get Off the Pot; and On The Edge: Living and Leading With Purpose and Balance.
Linda Edgecombe’s mission is to motivate and prepare individuals to take on anything that comes their way. She promises to create powerful shifts, increase accountability and momentum for her participants. All while lifting their spirits through humour and relative content. Linda believes that “a laugh is worth more than a thousand words and it has the power to change the way people feel, think and take action!”.
Linda will lead you through an educational, hands-on and highly humorous ride that will refocus, re-energize and re-invent how you see your life and your work. Linda will reveal her research and data collected from dozens of organizations on how Chaos and “Busy” has become the new norm and wound us into the most unproductive and basically unhappy demographic in the past 30 years. Her No BS and very humorous approach, stacked up with relevant and easy solutions will get your organization and teams, back on track with clear vision and tools to take back their work day and their personal lives again.
Linda will use a variety of multimedia along with group and individual activities and surveys designed to challenge how you see and do your work. Each learning point will have group activities or surveys and debriefs. Specific learning outcomes will include:
- Change, what’s really getting in the way of you moving forward? Dealing with ambiguity and the “in between.” Change has never been this painless!
- Clutter, Chaos and Clarity, how we sabotage our success with every type of clutter. And how to get down to what you really want and become more accountable.
- Fatigue, tools to re-energize and reengage yourself and your teams. What resilient living looks like and how to model it.
- “Can I give you some feedback?” Coaching and communication with humility and authenticity.
- Leading with Values or don’t lead at all.
- Choose a slice of the planet. Giving Back, It’s good for you and your business. Believe me your customers are noticing…
- Laughter, this may be the best laugh you have had in a long time. Why you simply must have more fun at work.
Linda reveals her research and data collected from dozens of organizations on how “busy” has become the new norm and wound us into the most unproductive and basically unhappy demographic in the past 30 years. Her humorous approach, stacked up with relevant and easy solutions, will get your organization and teams back on track with clear vision and tools to take back their work day and their personal lives again.
1. Change: what’s really getting in the way of you moving forward. Change has never been this painless!
2. Clutter: how we sabotage our success with terminal piles!
3. Fatigue: tools to re-energize and re-engage.
4. Clarity: get down to what you really want, and become more accountable.
5. Laughter: this may be the best laugh you have had in a long time.
Get ready for an Energy Boost? Through her humorous stories, relevant research and honest questions, Linda works with audiences to deliver strategies and goals for living a more happy, and productive life, while increasing successes in your work teams.
You and your team will come away with:
- Key steps to move towards accountable teams and attitudes
- Keys to creating a healthy ‘change resilient’ LEADERS and Teams
- A plan for ‘shifting perspectives’, ‘facing your fears’ and ˜dumping excuses’ in the face of change.
- Strategies to live a “Just Do It Plan” vs. a “Perfection Plan”
- Strategies to Re-Energize Yourself, Your Team, Your Family
With Linda’s humorous life experiences and activities you will laugh out loud while you move to ‘accountable thinking’. In this upbeat, highly interactive session, Linda will explore a variety of aspects of what it means to be a leader today, the realities of our times and how we can become change resilient no matter what the challenges are. Here’s your chance to Unleash your Leadership Potential!
This is an informative and energizing presentation that will leave the participants with a renewed perspective on themselves and their work.
This session will cover:
- The key steps to move towards accountable attitudes
- Change, why we love it and dread it
- 3 Keys to creating a healthy ‘change response’ personality
- Develop a plan for ‘shifting perspectives’, ‘facing your fears’ and ‘umping excuses’ in the face of change, while acknowledging the internal turmoil being experienced by the team. All of which can hold you back.
- Strategize an Action/Focus Plan vs. a Perfection Plan
- Strategies to Re-Energize Yourself, Your Team, Your Family
After the presentation, the participants will:
- Take responsibility to create their futures
- Have a sense of what TEAM efforts can accomplish
- Leave inspired, optimistic and recharged
- Break out of Limiting Thinking and become Accountable “Perspective Specialists”
We’re all just so “BUSY” these days. “Slammed.” “Buried,” in fact. Desperately trying to “keep our heads above water.” “Up to my ass in alligators.” While all of these are common responses to “How are you?” Oh, and if you don’t want to say any of the above, “fine,” is usually the runner-up response. It’s a constant exchange, even a one-up attempt of just how much we have on our plates when we communicate to others about our work and home lives.
Breaking Busy – Why busyness, our new norm, is making us sick, depleting our energy and literally causing accidents in our workplaces and our homes.
In Linda’s presentation you will learn:
- What got us here?
- What busy is doing to us.
- How we can strategically step off the Busy Treadmill.
In more detail:
Change, what’s really getting in the way of you moving forward? Change has never been this painless!
- Clutter, how we sabotage our success with terminal piles!
- Fatigue, tools to re-energize and re-engage.
- Clarity, get down to what you really want, and become more accountable (No is the new Black).
- Laughter, this may be the best laugh you have had in a long time.
From Linda’s bestselling book of the same title, this presentation is filled with ideas and solutions for “Getting a Life”. Linda will get you thinking about how accountability affects your home and work life. Come away with great tips on how to take your life back, get energy to burn and start creating new stories tomorrow.
You and your team will come away with:
- An honest snapshot of themselves and how their energy affects their work and home life.
- An understanding of the motivation behind the perfectionist so many of us are striving for.
- 5 Keys to increase your personal, family and co-workers Energy Levels.
- An honest look at the Balance in your Life.
- Steps to get you moving towards a more balanced, energized work and home life.
- Clear vision of their own “Personal Recipe for Happiness”
What Can You Do to Ensure That Your Event is a Success From Start to Finish and have a heck of a good time? Invite Linda Edgecombe to Be Your Master of Ceremonies! A lot has to happen RIGHT to create a SUCCESSFUL EVENT:
Theme. Logistics. Presentations. Agendas. Timelines. Introductions. Consistency. Energy. Fun!!
From the very first minute when people begin to arrive–till the last, final applause—a lot is riding on YOU to make it all work seamlessly and successfully. PHEW!! NOT TO WORRY! Linda is the best person ever to have in your corner when it comes to MAKING YOUR EVENT THE BEST EVER! She is a go with the flow professional.
As your master of ceremonies, she will send your audience home with powerful word of mouth momentum so they will rave about your conference for months to come! Therefore ensuring that at next year’s conference — your attendance will be higher than ever before!
HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE THINGS Linda CAN DO AS YOUR MASTER OF CEREMONIES, TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER…You can pick and choose which elements are right for YOU and YOUR event!
- She can set the tone for the entire event.
- She can introduce the speakers/presenters/panel
- She can talk with guest speakers beforehand to make sure they are integrating your theme, goals and vision for the event.
- She will keep everything running smoothly and ON TIME.
- She will provide cohesiveness and consistency.
- She can provide both energy and humor between segments.
- She can moderate panel discussions.
- She will deliver a powerful, unforgettable send-off.
Kelowna, British Columbia
Shift…Or Get off the Pot! It’s Time
Has it been awhile since you laughed? Are you shaking your head that another year has rolled by and you still haven’t done what you really want with your life? Does the word spontaneous only apply to your latest hot flash or hair loss? If this is hitting home, then you need to read “Shift or Get off the Pot! Simple truths about getting a life” written by the outrageously funny, sassy and savvy humorist, speaker and accountability expert Linda Edgecombe. For more than 22 years Linda has been showing people how to laugh and find the fun in their lives while at the seams time encouraging people to take an honest look at themselves. You won’t be disappointed!
BREAKING BUSY | Finding Peace in the Chaos - Book
“Honestly, how are you doing?” Would your answer be “fine” and the conversation ends there? Based on “Busy Audit” research, Breaking Busy sorts through the effects that just being “fine” is having on us, and why if we’re not saying we’re “fine,” we’re “BUSY!” (the second most common, and I believe the more important, response to how we’re doing). If the sentiment “Holy crap I’m BUSY!” strikes a chord, then this book is for you. Our Busyness has become an epidemic. Have you ever wondered how in a single generation, we have become helicopter parents, taxi drivers, professional party planners and fundraisers? Not to mention being fulltime employees and part time business owners on the side? We’ve forgotten how to fuel that part of ourselves and our lives that really matter, as we HOVER through our days. What is it that has caused us to “lose that lovin’ feeling?” It’s time to rediscover our happiness and what we REALLY WANT in life. It’s time to say, “You know what guys, it doesn’t get any better than this!” Join me in Breaking Busy, as we dive into: How did we get so Busy? What being Busy is doing to us? How to step off the BUSY Treadmill and Find Peace in the Chaos.
- Accountability | Self Leadership
- Business Growth
- Business Strategy
- Change Management | Change
- Conflict Management
- Employee Relations | Employee Solutions
- Health and Wellness
- Humor in the Workplace
- Leadership | Leadership Development
- Overcoming Adversity | Adversity
- Performance | Productivity
- Professional Growth | Personal Growth
- Safety in the Workplace
- Stress Management
- Teamwork | Team building
- Work Life Balance | Wellness
- Workplace Culture