Bully Free at Work, Respect, Leadership, and Communication Expert
Valerie Cade has earned worldwide acclaim as a professional keynote speaker and business consultant. Valerie truly has a gift for inspiring those who work to support and lead others, whether it’s in healthcare, government, the corporate sector, education or not‐for‐profit settings. Her uplifting, inspirational and acclaimed presentation style always inspires the audience with practical solutions for teamwork, communication, workplace culture, leadership, conflict resolution and productivity.
1 out of 6 people have come face to face with a bully in their life. Bullying has become a silent epidemic. Valerie brings hope for organizations and individuals to overcome destructive bullying and harassment behaviours by colleagues. The “winning with difficult people” strategies do not work with workplace bulling or highly adversarial situations. In fact, traditional conflict resolution doesn’t work either, yet this is what people try to apply- but to no avail. Valerie Cade’s presentations are enthusiastic, engaging, creative, humorous and genuine. She gives attention and takes pride in researching each client’s situation to tailor her presentation to meet and exceed audience member needs and aspirations.
Valerie Cade is an award-winning presenter who is one of North America’s top experts in the field of coping with and stopping workplace bullying. She is author of the best selling book “Bully Free at Work: What You Can Do To Stop Workplace Bullying Now” which is currently distributed in over 100 countries. With a solid organizational development background, not purely an academic or an “opinion based” approach, Valerie’s style is not only informational, but inspirational; you will feel hope to turn the corner – even with the most challenging situations.
Valerie’s 20 years of experience as a relevant and results based implementation practitioner have had her sought after by organizations throughout North America. For the past 20 years, Cade has led hundreds of sessions throughout North America, Europe, China and Russia, with a relevant, humorous and heartfelt approach combined with a true sense of wisdom. She has a stand up comedian presence while still talking seriously and strategically about the realities and implementation of workplace bullying in organizations.
In addition, Valerie Cade became a Certified Speaking Professional Designation (CSP) in 2001. The CSP is the highest speaking designation in the world with less than 1000 recipients worldwide. She is one of the Canada’s first females to receive the CSP. Valerie’s presentation ratings average 4.9/5.0 for all size audiences. As CEO of one of Canada’s largest training companies for 10 years, Valerie helped turn this near-‐bankrupt company into profitable success. In addition, her work in creating inspired workplaces, where people “want to”, helped raise satisfaction levels in organizations to over 80 – 90% -‐ sustained.
Valerie Cade was the 2002 National President of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers and has received the President’s Award for distinguished service – twice! She was also unanimously voted by the National Board to receive the “Spirit of CAPS” Award for her outstanding contribution and professionalism to the speaking industry worldwide.
Cade understands dedication as she is the first woman to receive the Top Candidate Award for Canadian Basic Military Training. Valerie Cade has a genuine passion for helping people and organizations to become world class and receive the respect and dignity they deserve. Above all Valerie Cade is knowledgeable, well‐researched and can deliver powerful presentations in an inspirational way. Valerie is genuine and possesses a great amount of compassion. Her presentations offer audiences and individuals solutions to improve communication, become more resilient and deal with conflicts in the workplace in a calculated and constructive approach.
If you were to ask employers and employees what they could change about where they work, 90% of people would mention an inter‐personal situation that they’ve spent far too much time thinking about! It’s workplace bullying. Furthermore, they would add: “And I am not sure what to do about it either!”. Valerie gives participants the full awareness, hope and implementation to help stop workplace bullying both personally and organizationally. She restores hope and gives inspiration to create a respectful workplace with sustainability.
Valerie Always Inspires You to “Create the World-Class Workplace You Deserve!” Ideally, for the strongest impact, precede your Bully Free at Work session with a powerful complementary keynote address on the same subject. Bully Free at Work can be a break-out session, a seminar or keynote address.
She’ll answer these key questions:
- What is Workplace Bullying exactly?
- How is workplace bullying different from working with a difficult person?
- What approach should I take with a difficult person vs a bully? Are they different?
- What motivates a bully?
- Types of workplace bullies and how to recognize behaviors, so you know you are not crazy?
- The facts you need to know about workplace bullying. Common bullying tactics used and how you can recognize them?
- What to do if you are a target? Specific steps to gain your confidence back. What to do if you have a difficult situation at work that you don’t know how to address?
- What to do if someone is coming to you for advice to stop the bullying (and you’re not too sure what to do)?
- How to create a Bully Free at Work policy? Buy‐in, protection and celebration.
Due to the nature of this sensitive topic, an optional confidential survey is included for all participants to:
- Fully customize;
- Give participants a ‘voice’;
- Help to create buy‐in; and
- To assist where need be
Valerie Cade’s inspirational keynote will help professionals want to ‘work through anything with anyone’! “Wouldn’t it be great to know how to handle others ‘who don’t get it” and to be able to lead them to a win-win understanding with ease?” Valerie’s powerful keynote address strikes all chords. Her presentation helps replace defensiveness with understanding through humor. She cites relevant examples and creates the ability for participants at all levels to be able to approach others with ease.
You‘ll be able to narrow the inter‐personal gaps between co‐workers and figure out ‘why do they do what they do’ and create a respectful workplace for all. You will be inspired through humor and specific insights that will give people an open mind to hear you. You will be able to identify your “most difficult situation” at work and be able to have a “here’s what I can do about it” plan.
You will find that while it is often natural to take things personally, it is not productive. But how do you take things professionally? Valerie will show you how! You will be given the top three difficult situations with a “how to” plan in order to go back to work empowered! AND!!! Here’s a great option: You can have a video presentation put to music with your participants as the stars! This session is customized using photos of your participants and organization showing their meaningful work through their own eyes. Examples are available upon request for your review. Finally, Valerie can produce a follow up webinar customized to answer questions for participants.
If it’s not rational, it’s political! How much time and energy have you already invested into tying to navigate through and deal with disruptive behaviors? Handling these disruptive, abrasive and bullying behaviors successfully requires some non-traditional training. This advanced session is more than ‘winning with difficult people’. Without this kind of training, you’re in the battlefield unprotected.
What You Will Learn:
- What is Workplace Bullying exactly?
- How is workplace bullying different from working with a difficult person?
- How to determine if you are being bullied or not – and what to do about it.
- The approach to take with a difficult person vs. a bully – they are they different!
- What motivates a bully? Why do they do it?
- The top common bullying tactics used and how you can overcome them.
- What to do if you are a target: specific steps to cope and gain your confidence back.
- The best thing you can do to help someone else who is being bullied.
You will leave with a blue print implementation plan of:
- Being able to create trust with all stakeholders and lead them through, not around the ‘issues’.
- How to lead through the “he says, she says” scenario with employees. How to handle the ‘who do I believe’ challenge.
- A process you can use to fully understand ‘what happened’ and how to resolve staff issues, disagreements and any disruptive behavior.
- A plan to limit time spent worrying and trying to assess and help everyone and still remain effective.
- What to do if you feel you’ve displayed bullying behaviors – how to recover and create true respectful followership.
- Understanding when and how to hold a 3-way mediation and when to hold an intervention: they are different!
- What to do if you don’t have the support you need and How to support those that reach out to you for help.
Wouldn’t it be great to know how to handle others ‘who don’t get it” and to be able to lead them to a win-win understanding with ease?! This inspirational keynote will help professionals want to ‘work through anything with anyone’! This session helps to remove defensiveness with understanding through humor, relevant examples and creates the ability for participants at all levels to be able to approach others easily. You will be able to narrow the inter‐personal gaps between co‐workers and figure out ‘why do they do what they do’ in order to create a respectful workplace for all.
- You will be inspired through humor and specific insights, which will give people an open mind to hear you;
- You will be able to identify your “most difficult situation” at work and be able to have a “here’s what I can do about it” plan;
- You will find that while it is often natural to take things personally, it is not productive. But how do you take things professionally? This will show you how!
Have you found yourself in situations where the ability to communicate tactfully, yet with confidence, would help you get what you want? Most of us also want to do that in a way that is not at the expense of others or ourselves. We can ignore these conversations, but doing so will become the number one reason for low morale and lack of accountability, and these avoidance situations can be turned around if you have a “safe” way to approach one another. This session gives everyone tools on ‘how to say it’, but not at the expense of yourself or others…in a classy and uplifting way!
- Learn how to address things sooner and remove hesitation and fear.
- Creative ways to stop giving excuses when you rather not confront an issue.
- How to hold some accountable (yes, you can and you can still keep your job)!
Bully Free At Work
Sold in over 100 countries worldwide, “Bully Free at Work” is your ‘hope chest’ full of how to’s in order to give you back the dignity and respect you deserve. Noted by MacLean’s magazine as “the definitive resource guide to stop workplace bullying!”
- Accountability | Self Leadership
- Bullying in the Workplace
- Change Management | Change
- Conflict Management
- Difficult Conversations
- Employee Relations | Employee Solutions
- Health and Wellness
- Influence | Negotiation
- Leadership | Leadership Development
- Mental Health | Trauma
- Online Behaviour
- Overcoming Adversity | Adversity
- Parenting | Family
- Performance | Productivity
- Professional Growth | Personal Growth
- Safety in the Workplace
- Seniors | Aging
- Social Change | Human Rights
- Stress Management
- Teamwork | Team Building
- Trust | Values
- Work Life Balance | Wellness
- Workplace Culture
- Youth | Youth Development