Leadership, Teamwork, Health and Safety Expert
Alan Mallory is an international keynote speaker, author and professional development trainer who is passionate about leadership and human performance. He studied engineering at Queen’s University and has worked all over the world as a mechanical engineer and project manager but his true passion is in working with people to reach new heights in the way we think and the actions we take. Alan has always had a keen interest in discovering what drives us to do what we do and how we can use this knowledge to improve our lives and the lives of those around us.
As a keynote speaker and leadership coach, Alan Mallory delivers a number of exciting presentations and training programs that are all about embracing and working through challenges as well as exploring the skills and mindsets that allow great leaders and committed teams to achieve breakthrough performance. Alan Mallory integrates his many years of innovative leadership experience with captivating mountaineering and adventure stories to create a powerful and unforgettable journey for his audiences.
Alan Mallory is also a college professor, avid adventurer and outdoor enthusiast. He enjoys many different activities but his favorite activities are those spent out in the wilderness and those that involve strategy and problem solving. He speaks English and Spanish and loves to travel the world and explore new places.
In the spring of 2008, Mallory and his family set a world record as the first family of four to reach the summit of Mt. Everest. It was a two-month expedition through some of the most terrifying and arduous conditions imaginable but to finally reach the end goal was an incredible feeling. He offers a number of exciting keynotes and interactive sessions focused on building leadership capacity and strengthening teams by reinforcing the professional development skills that are essential for conquering one’s own Everest, whatever that may be.
Mallory’s presentations are a stunning visual and emotional journey that bring the audience along on the amazing venture. They are supported by many of the vivid photos and short video clips captured along the grueling quest to the top. The Mallory family’s story is as exciting as it is terrifying as they fought their way through the many perils that the world’s highest peak had in store for them.
Alan Mallory is a gifted speaker who speaks regularly around North America and beyond. His stories and stage presence are captivating and the visuals that compliment his speaking make the entire experience a rewarding and memorable one for his audience. He specializes in developing great leaders by establishing and reinforcing the professional development skills and mindsets that are essential for success. His true passion is in working with people to reach new heights in the way we think and the actions we take. Alan Mallory has always had a keen interest in discovering what drives us to do what we do and how we can use this knowledge to improve our overall health and happiness.
Alan’s engaging presentations and interactive training programs help organizations and individual contributors achieve breakthrough performance. By integrates his many years of innovative leadership experience with captivating mountaineering and adventure stories, Alan create a powerful and unforgettable journey for his audiences.
Alan’s safety programs are not about avoiding risk altogether, they are about studying and thoroughly understanding the safety challenges so that risks can be identified, minimized and controlled for safe and successful results.
- Safety planning, preparation and establishing procedures
- Agile practices in risk identification and management
- Incorporating lessons learned from the past in your industry
- Contingency planning and developing response strategies
- Root cause analysis and preventative action
Mental health is one of the biggest challenges that we face in today’s society. Alan has had his own journey with mental health and his programs combine personal experience with researched insights, to help others understand their journeys.
- Identifying internal struggles and challenges
- Mental health stigma and discrimination
- Understanding stress, anxiety and phobias
- The influence of technology on mental health
- Identify mental health in others
- Establishing a healthy, supportive environment
Effective Leadership in today’s society requires a shift in mentality to embrace more agile and collaborative approaches that empower people, leverage technology, instil confidence and boost performance.
- Empowering your team and earning individual commitment
- Agile practices and current global trends in effective leadership
- Result-based vs task-based leadership frameworks
- Leading with integrity and making a positive, lasting impact
- Innovation in leadership practices to drive purposeful change
Motivating and developing others is an art that requires a unique skill set and adaptation of various techniques. For leaders and managers, coaching skills are essential in order to effectively identify strengths, transfer knowledge and empower others.
- The importance and impact of coaching for teams and individuals
- Tools and techniques for motivating and engaging people
- Effective coaching communication strategies
- Distinguishing characteristics of outstanding coaches
- Common coaching mistakes and how to avoid them
Alan’s dynamic programs on building trust highlight the tolls and essential steps that are involved in developing a level of trust in professional relationships. This is the foundation of effective teamwork and a collaborative, transparent work environment.
- The importance and advantages of building trust
- Fostering an environment that encourages trust development
- Strategies, tools and techniques for building trust
- Gaining Team member alignment and commitment
- Open and Transparent communication without placing blame
Developing healthy professional relationships between team members is essential for clarifying roles, breaking down barriers, gaining alignment on team goals and effectively collaborating to find innovative solutions.
- Building strong interpersonal relationships
- Responding quickly and efficiently to issues that arise
- Health competition and effect collaborating
- Improving group morale and identifying individual strengths
- Overcoming adversity and resolving interpersonal conflicts
The Family That Conquered Everst
Climbing Mount Everest is one of humanity's greatest feats of physical, emotional and psychological endurance. In 2008 Alan Mallory and his family took on the challenge and became the first family of four to set foot on the summit of the world's highest peak. It was a two-month journey filled with emotion, loyalty, adventure and terror. From staggering across ladders spanning seemingly bottomless crevasses and fighting exhausting bouts of altitude-related sickness to climbing through a blizzard in the dead of night and almost losing two family members' lives, every segment of the climb was an exhilarating and unforgettable challenge. This particular expedition is a fantastic example of the importance of strong family values and maintaining a deep level of trust between team members. The that prepared the Mallorys to take on such a challenge, and explores the key traits that are essential for a safe and successful outcome to any team endeavour.
- Accountability | Self Leadership
- Attitude | Change of Attitude
- Business Change
- Business Expert
- Business Growth
- Business Leadership
- Business Management
- Business Transition
- Change Management | Change
- Conflict Management
- Employee Relations | Employee Solutions
- Excellence | Success
- Health and Safety
- Healthcare | Health Care
- Leadership | Leadership Development
- Leadership and Change
- Mental Health | Trauma
- Overcoming Adversity | Adversity
- Performance | Productivity
- Professional Growth | Personal Growth
- Teamwork | Team Building
- Trust | Values
- Workplace Culture
- Youth | Youth Development