Workplace Culture Expert | Business Strategist | Performance Coach | Teamwork Developer
Evan Weselake is an eloquent speaker and facilitator. Evan has conducted more than 1,200 workshops and keynotes in the past decade. As a coach and consultant, he has worked with clients in retail, oil and gas, health care, the financial sector, service sectors, academics, and the hospitality industry. Evan has also recently presented for TEDx in Canmore, AB.
Evan’s casual and relaxed delivery creates an environment where people feel included and are eager to learn new skills. He creates an instant rapport with audience members. This has endeared him to many groups, from executive keynotes to front-line skills training.
Evan engages his audience members with humour, insightful solutions, and educative techniques from his training and management background in the retail industry. He will relate real-life experiences from workplace environments to exemplify his points. He carries a lot of energy throughout his presentations. His presentations are riveting and they can be highly interactive when/if desired.
Evan will help you get the very best from your team by improving the human environment in which they work. With graduate degrees in both performance psychology and human resources, he has a deep understanding of motivation and performance in any team environment. Evan began developing curriculum for other speakers and trainers before realizing his passion of speaking himself. He loves to be a part of the group, and to have a high impact in their lives.
Evan understands the power of workplace culture firsthand. He clearly explains the correlation between culture and individuals, and teams; he also enlightens audience members on how this directly affects performance levels.
Evan is also an ultra-endurance athlete. He is an avid adventurer, a member of the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides, and past-member of the Canadian Ski Patrol System, accredited with Wilderness Emergency Response and Avalanche Rescue. He models and advocates a balanced approach to health, life and fitness.
Evan brings a fresh perspective to team skills training, coaching and motivation. Experience has created a bridge between the worlds of academia, business and survival.
In a world where we book our time in five-minute blocks, measure money in tenths of a percent, and athletes win or lose by hundredths of a second, it is truly the little decisions that count. Our habits, our integrity and our unexpected joys do not come from the larger and obvious decisions. On a daily basis, people make hundreds of conscious and unconscious minor decisions.
Change, growth and achievement are outcomes of the 100’s Of Little Decisions we make every day. Evan will share stories from his years as a sponsored ultra-endurance athlete and his insights from his career designing multi-million dollar recognition programs to illustrate this truth. He will outline the key factors in performance psychology and in learning and development that show the immense powers of little decisions.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle
This is a session that will move you to change not only your direction, but the habits which inhibit you from achieving excellence.
Here are some of the learning outcomes of Evan's presentation:
- Start making things happen today
- Understand how the little decisions make us who we are
- Take credit and power from our personal responsibility
- Identify the decisions you have stopped making
- Align your “core roles in your life” with regular actions to become “Extraordinary!”
High amounts of stress, repetitive workload burnouts and lack of the ability to focus are often symptoms of mental exhaustion. Evan Weselake’s years as an elite sponsored ultra-endurance athlete and mental performance consultant have taught Evan resilience, focus and motivation techniques. Evan has developed methods for greater mental concentration, strong willed mental recovery and sufficiency, right there in the moment. Evan’s methods for maintaining complete focus, uplifting self-motivation abilities, and demonstrating the importance of a resilience of attitude increases individual productivity and team efficiency.
Parallel Strategies, sharpen your mind for performance can be delivered in both keynote and workshop form but for maximum effect Evan recommends both. This will both inspire audience members and provide them with practical tips on how to change their life and work habits to succeed.
This session is about how those techniques can be equally applied to any performance situation. It will teach you how to build your mental energy, become resilient, adapt to change, manage your time effectively and achieve home/work balance. Evan will accentuate his arguments with real life stories of performance and survival with critical insights into building your performance mind.
Here are some of the Learning Outcomes for audience members:
- Recognize common patterns of mental exhaustion, and stop unknowingly contributing to our own exhaustion
- Look critically at common proven strategies and capitalize on them in certain work situations to build mental energy
- Build both regular and unique resilience strategies so each person gets what he/she needs at the day's end and adapts to change easily
- Help people and workers not only adjust to change, but embrace it
- Practice what we preach; increase self-accountability
- Think clearly at work. Immediately understand the importance and the difference of both "doing the right thing" and "doing things right"
- Leave armed to make each day a wave with multiple peaks of high energy, instead of one long slow march to exhaustion.
True engagement is when people regularly bring their full self to work. It happens when staff members look for even more ways to contribute because they have a deep desire for improvement. The results are employees that bring high levels of energy and focus to work.
“Being engaged” is a choice that every person seeks and wants. The level of staff member engagement is the primary driver of workplace culture.
As a leader, manager, supervisor and/or worker you have a huge influence over the levels of engagement and environment at work. Evan will teach audience members the levers you can use to improve employee commitment, the work atmosphere and then the larger culture. Some methods are dramatic; they all require consistency. This session will help you to move your culture in a positive direction and to become a far more productive team.
Using stories of frontline-staff and management styles of interaction, Creating a Culture of Engagement will explain the key components of an engaging environment. What people are secretly looking for, and what you can do to draw out that elusive magic ingredient, full engagement!
In this presentation, Evan will introduce audience members to:
- A three-part litmus test for disengaged staff
- Where to start when you find disengagement
- Four specific ways to look at your workplace environment
- A two-minute strategy for building engagement
- A two-minute strategy for focusing on solutions
- Five things every staff member wants from their leader
- Simple methods to have more "fun" at work
- How to be more productive, without pushing the “Go” button all the time.
Evan Weselake presents this workshop or keynote for the business community in response to the economic realities of today. A time of prolonged economic financial restraint presents an excellent opportunity to Survive and Thrive in Today’s Business Reality.
It is time to work smarter by making the right moves, NOW, to build your business and to increase business productivity and sales.
Evan Weselake’s presentation, Survive and Thrive in Today’s Business Reality, will focus on getting higher performances from existing staff, through a combination of motivation, accountability and measurement. It will concentrate on “getting the best out of the best” by working smarter with current staff levels and financial conditions.
Evan will give you proven practical tools to implement. They will include:
- Controlling your performance management systems
- Creating staff expectations quarterly
- Driving performance and driving profits to the next level
- Working smarter with current staffing levels
- Increasing the value of your current employees
- Exploiting your strengths as a business and making better use of your staff
- Recognizing opportunities for business growth, new staff and successfully capitalizing on them
Evan Weselake’s presentations are warm, humorous and impacting. In an industry almost always looking for the next guru – Evan is frequently “back by popular demand.” Evan is one of the best workshop presenters in Canada. His practical business style has helped transform many of Canada’s top companies in diverse fields: travel, retail, manufacturing, energy, hospitality, public service, and finance.
Evan works with people one-on-one at all levels of business and life, to align human energy with the goals of the individual. Evan Weselake’s ability to connect with his audience is unique among speaking professionals Barbara works from a deep and concerned value for the individual.
This presentation is about processing imposed change and installing that change into your life to ensure future success.
Change is occurring with increased speed in people’s lives. Many changes are external and imposed changes. Changes we may have little influence into, or power over.
This keynote or workshop will be client directed to: include an overall change process, roles within the process for individuals as well as teams and families, the steps to install the change over time, as well as tips and tools for each step. Evan will study your plans and your organization extensively before presenting.
The material is intended to be practical and humorous, and cover some of:
- The cycle of change
- Impact on people’s emotions
- Predict peoples' relations
- Generate positive energy for the change
- Learn to support others through the change
- Learn to make positive choices when you are faced with an imposed change.
Times are changing, and so are the employees! New generations entering the workforce are forcing employers to come up with new strategies. All employee turnover costs more than just time, it costs in morale and it costs money!
Evan Weselake is an employee engagement expert. He understands how companies can Attract, Retain and Motivate their best performers for growth. In these current economic times, it means people are aggressively competing for good, great and loyal employees now more than ever before.
If you could find one more, great performer, would you hire them? If you could keep one great performer just a little longer, would it change your workplace?
Attend and Learn Practical strategies that good employers are using to:
If you are still putting ‘want ads’ in the paper then use this workshop now. It works!
- Proactive strategies for getting better applicants.
- Four places to look for great employees.
If you are constantly looking and in need of hiring, this workshop is for you!
- Keep them for an extra calendar quarter or an extra six months.
- Eight things you can do to keep the good ones around.
- Six trends in the workplace and what other progressive companies/employers are doing to meet the challenge.
You will leave with strategies you can begin implementing immediately. The primary goal of this workshop is to reduce your expense, and struggle with employee turnover. Find them, keep them and get them all working!
Evan Weselake is a consummate professional and he will study your organization’s needs extensively to ensure that he meets and surpasses all of your expectations for your presentation. He is always back by popular demand and he presents across Canada.
Evan is a retail and business specialist. He often speaks on the subject, Attract, Retain and Motivate Employees (ARM) where he provides guidance and hands-on advice on becoming “an employer of choice” to help eliminate staff turnover and engender genuine teamwork within your group. He also speaks no Is Someone Stealing Your Profits - How to Prevent Employee Theft. The topics can also be combined to best suit your audience.
Here are the facts:
More shrinkage is attributed to employee theft than to shoplifting.
- Every business suffers from some degree of employee theft. The Canadian average is 1.3% of sales in the retail business.
- Staff theft is one of today's fastest growing crimes.
- 41% of shrinkage is due to employee theft and 35.5% to customer shoplifting, according to a recent National Retail Federation survey.
- For every dollar lost to shoplifting, $23 is lost to staff stealing.
- 32% of employees admit to "stealing from the company."
- Canada's retailers lost over $4 billion dollars last year to staff theft.
Preventing loss of cash and merchandise is a way to increase profits, without increasing sales. For example, based on a store earning 5% profit, a theft of $10.00 will require a sale of $200.00 to recover. A pro-active positive prevention program stops the loss before it occurs.
Here’s what Evan will cover in his presentation:
- The early warning signs of staff theft - and how to check-out suspicions
- What to do when you believe you have a thief working for you
- To write and communicate your honest expectations
- How to hire the “right" people - 20% of people will never steal
- How to "fire" the suspicious, and protect yourself and the company
- How to spot symptoms of cashier theft
- How to spot symptoms of merchandise theft
- How to spot symptoms of delivery driver theft
Evan has presented this topic to Drug Store Chains, Convenience Stores Chains, Gas Bar Chains, Restaurant Chains, Hair and Beauty Salon Chains, Spa Chains, Big Box Chains, Retailers, Independent Retailers and Shopping Centers.
Evan Weselake is an accomplished presenter as well as a business professional, having built and sold three businesses. He has developed business curriculum for corporate training, produced, video and audio corporate training programs. His presentations are humorous, relevant to his audience, and memorable. Evan is often asked ‘back by popular demand’.
Evan’s style is energetic and personal. Evan speaks to audiences large and small, at national conferences, local business clubs and annual general meetings. He knows the hospitality and retail sector, and their challenges. He often speaks to franchisees. His most recent presentations to franchisees include the Husky gas stations nation-wide. He firmly believes: "Managing Energy, Not Time, is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal.”
In Evan’s presentation, Time - The Only Real Currency, he explains that “it is not the time you put in, but rather what you put in your time that counts.” Barb’s message takes you beyond efficient and into effective. And that’s a bigger challenge in the new world of urgent, 24/7 technology.
Key learning outcomes include:
- Ask and answer the most compelling time management questions
- Avoiding the ‘time-traps’ we all fall into
- Owning your schedule, every day
- Instilling a sense of urgency in your ‘team’
- Getting your calendar to reflect your priorities
- On-the- spot communication – that is affective
- How to say ‘no – good bye and, see me later’ with good will
- Types of time: waiting time, travel time, meetings, and habits
- Learning to juggle the urgent and the important
- Rewarding yourself and others with the ultimate gift – TIME
- Plan to take away tips, tricks, and strategies to” lighten the load.”
- Accountability | Self Leadership
- Branding | Marketing
- Change Management | Change
- Conflict Management
- Customer Service | Customer Loyalty
- Employee Relations | Employee Solutions
- Health & Wellness Speakers
- Health and Wellness
- Healthcare Workforce
- Leadership | Leadership Development
- Overcoming Adversity
- Performance | Productivity
- Teamwork | Team building