The policy of Speakers Bureau of Canada Inc. (SBC) is to respect and protect the privacy of our users. To fulfill this policy, Speakers Bureau of Canada agrees to exercise reasonable precautions to maintain the confidentiality of information provided by you in connection with accessing and using this website (the “Site”). Speakers Bureau of Canada also agrees to post prominently and in plain language its specific privacy policies. Speakers Bureau of Canada does not intentionally collect personal information about individuals except as when provided by analytics or Section 4. Cookies (below), or when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals. Speakers Bureau of Canada will not sell, rent or trade personal information about our users to any third party.
2. Use of Information
Speakers Bureau of Canada uses the Site to respond to provide information about speakers, to respond to your requests and to assist you in selecting a speaker for an event. You may be asked to provide personal information such as name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. This information will only be used by Speakers Bureau of Canada to contact you in regard to your specific request(s).
3. Disclosure of Information
This site contains links to other sites, including sites of many of our speakers, publishers, blogs, news aggregators and to vendors where books by our speakers can be purchased. Speakers Bureau of Canada is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on any of these other web sites, including any sites that may indicate a special relationship or “partnership” with Speakers Bureau of Canada. Speakers Bureau of Canada does not disclose unique identifiers to those responsible for the linked sites. The linked sites, however, may collect personal information from you when you link to their site. This collecting of information is not subject to the control of Speakers Bureau of Canada. To ensure protection of your privacy, always review the privacy policies of the sites you visit by linking from this Site.
6. How You Can Review or Correct Your Personal Information
You can contact Speakers Bureau of Canada by telephone at 1.866.420.3338 or by e-mail (mailto:email@example.com) to learn if we are keeping personal information about you. If we do have personal information about you, we will provide you with a readable copy of such personal information at no charge. Factual errors in your personal information, including out-of-date information, can be corrected by sending us a request that credibly shows our error.
7. Intellectual Property Limitation of Liability
The Speakers Bureau of Canada respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask visitors to the Site to do the same. If you believe that your work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, the following information in the form of a written notification must be provided to a designated Copyright Agent of Speakers Bureau of Canada Inc.:
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of where the material that you claim to be infringing is located on the Site;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the disputed material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address; and Your physical or electronic signature.
Similarly, if you believe that any of your trademarks or service marks have been infringed, please notify Speakers Bureau of Canada.