Leadership, Mental Health, Productivity and Resilience Expert
Deri Latimer (BMgt(HR), CSP) is an expert in positive possibilities for people! She is one of fewer than 12% of speakers globally who hold the designation of CSP (Certified Speaking Professional), the international measure of excellence for professional competence, proven experience, and optimal client satisfaction. Deri combines a business degree in human resources management with 20 years of experience engaging audiences across every business sector. A TEDx Speaker, Trainer and Organizational Consultant, Deri Latimer works with organizations who want to create happy, healthy, humane workplaces for increased positivity, productivity, and prosperity!
Deri Latimer creates cutting-edge educational experiences for organizations, adding extra value with certification in emotional intelligence, psychometric assessment, and neuro-linguistic programming. She has been a popular instructor in the University of Winnipeg’s Management Studies Program for over 15 years, designing full-credit courses and seminars in Resilience, Positive Psychology, Team Building, and Leadership Development. Deri’s client resources, including two books ‘Wake Up To Your Habits’ and ‘What’s Your Story? You Decide’, and an APP called ‘Mood Manager’, provide a rich resource of strategies and tools to shift your emotions, adjust your thinking, and positively impact your results.
Latimer has spent her career and life inspiring and energizing people to engage in positive mental health practices for greater happiness, more success and a longer life. She is motivated by connecting with people, exercising her mind, and sharing ideas to create more joy in the world. She specializes in psychological strength training … because strength = resilience = health = life.
Deri offers individuals, teams and organizations inspiration and practical strategies to move:
- from overwhelmed to resilient,
- from absent to present,
- from stuck to productive,
- from uncertain to reliable, and
- from exhausted to energized!
Deri Latimer’s Qualifications:
- Certified Speaking Professional (CSP)
- Honours Bachelor’s degree in Management, Human Resources Major
- BarOn EQ-i and EQ-360 Assessments
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner
- Appreciative InquiryPractitioner
- Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CSP)
- Global Speakers Federation
Every moment of every day, your brain is ‘at work’. It impacts your ability to overcome distraction, to manage your emotions, and to create the kinds of relationships that maximize your results. It is the very source of your leadership strength, just as it is of life itself. The mindful leader of today is able to see clearly what is present, to respond with creativity rather than reactivity, and to influence people around them in a positive way. They are resilient, emotionally aware, and grounded in their purpose.
In this dynamic keynote, we’ll explore what the science of the brain is teaching us about the art of leading people, including how to:
- Develop more opportunities for insight in an environment of distraction
- Keep calm and clear under personal and organizational pressure
- Connect more quickly and purposefully with the people around you
- Facilitate positive change in your organizational culture
Today’s dynamic, complex workplaces (and life-places) require that we adjust rapidly and effectively to constant change. Personal resilience is a tool that each of us can develop, to not only accept and cope with current realities, but in fact embrace and commit to the changes required by those realities … with energy! During this session, we will explore useful strategies for you to immediately implement into your life.
In this engaging session, you will:
- Identify personal ‘distress’ signals that can inhibit performance
- Use simple strategies for maintaining personal alignment
- Assume more control and influence over your work experience by making choices that work for you
- Turn workplace pressure into energy for a top performance
- Understand a model for positive mental health practice
- Engage in positive emotion
- Develop positive and productive workplace habits
- Re-frame negative situations
- Practice simple strategies that help you be happier and more productive
- Build supportive relationships
- Positively impact your workplace culture and facilitate positive change
Your role as a manager or business owner is multi-dimensional. In addition to your day to day responsibilities, your success as a manager depends on your ability to spot the subtleties in staff behaviour that can impact their ability to perform their duties. More and more, staff may experience challenges with their mental health. What you notice, and what you do, can make all the difference in connecting people with the support they require.
This presentation will provide you with practical tools that you can use to:
- Spot the signs of a potential mental health challenge
- Initiate a conversation about mental health
- Take action to ensure the health and well-being of your staff
- Encourage positive mental health habits; by developing them yourself and being a role model for your team
- Set your S.I.T.E. on a healthier, happier, more humane workplace experience for us all!
Mindset is a mental attitude that determines how you will interpret and respond to various situations in your life. It affects everything from your persistence and determination in facing challenges and setbacks, to your openness to feedback and your resilience to change. The mindset that is reinforced and encouraged in your company culture will impact the innovation, collaboration, and commitment from yourself and from your team.
As leaders and employees, maintaining a culture of learning and innovation may be the key factor that allows your organization to outdistance the competition. Equally as compelling, that same culture will impact the health and well-being of the people who are responsible for achieving the results needed for success.
In this energizing keynote, we will explore:
- How mindset can positively impacts performance, innovation, diversity and inclusion
- Strategies to build new neuropathways for growth; within yourself and your team
- Why learning, hard work and resilience are core pillars of organizational success
The evidence about the power of teaming is clear and consistent: individuals who work in a team culture are more productive, more resilient to change, more engaged, and more fulfilled than those who do not. The benefits to the organization (and its clients) are synergistic: better results in better time with better relationships! Although the data is clear, the experience of ‘team’ can be elusive. Too many people still report that their work experience does not ‘feel’ like a team. Often that is because we are not clear about the role we all play in creating the team. This presentations offers practical strategies and insights to cultivate a more collaborative approach to internal and external customer service, including:
- Clarifying the experience of what it really means to be a team
- Understanding the key ingredients for a healthy TEAM: Trust, Energy, Appreciation, and Meaning
Within each of us is the potential to lead with excellence; to see clearly what is present, to respond with creativity and innovation rather than reactivity, to bring compassion to each decision and encounter, and to influence people around us in a positive way. Whatever else may be going on, great leaders remain true to themselves and that authenticity provides them with an essential aura of trustworthiness. Their people, colleagues, customers and other stakeholders know where they stand with them. Today’s transformative leaders are able to engage and energize the resources around them to build a better future by learning to be more ‘present’!
In this enlightening experience, you will explore the core elements of Mindful Leadership:
- Better clarity of Purpose
- More focused attention
- Enhanced emotional regulation
- Added appreciation for the gifts empathy and compassion in leadership
Wake Up to Your Habits!
We all have habits; how we move, the way we think, how we associate feelings. These habits – negative and positive – determine our experience from moment to moment.
What’s Your Story?
You are constantly telling yourself a story; about yourself, about others, about what’s possible in your life. You may not realize it but a narrative is occurring in your mind, every moment of every day. That narrative influences what you notice, how you interpret what you notice and what you do based on that interpretation. This book is about how you can choose your story, and create the kind of life you desire!
- Accountability | Self Leadership
- Attitude | Change of Attitude
- Burnout and Energy
- Business Change
- Business Expert
- Business Growth
- Business Leadership
- Business Management
- Business Strategy
- Business Transition
- Change Management | Change
- Customer Service | Customer Loyalty
- Difficult Conversations
- Effective Meetings
- Emotional Intelligence
- Employee Relations | Employee Solutions
- Excellence | Success
- Government | Government Relations
- Health and Safety
- Health and Wellness
- Healthcare | Health Care
- Human Resources | HR
- Humor in the Workplace
- Innovation | Creativity
- Leadership | Leadership Development
- Leadership and Change
- Mental Health | Trauma
- Military | Armed Forces
- Overcoming Adversity | Adversity
- Performance | Productivity
- Professional Growth | Personal Growth
- Recruitment and Retention
- Safety in the Workplace
- Social Sciences | Psychology
- Stress Management
- Teamwork | Team Building
- Work Life Balance | Wellness
- Workplace Culture