Olympic Gold Medalist - Attitude, Performance and Leadership Expert
Bruny Surin was recently inducted into the Canadian Olympic Hall of Fame and by doing so, became the first athlete with Haitian roots to earn this prestigious honor. An athlete that was born in Cap-Haiti, and later immigrated to Montreal, Canada at the age of 7 with his parents and sisters. His achievements and accolades speak for themselves: At the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta he played an intricate role on one of Canada’s proudest sports accomplishments alongside Donovan Bailey, Glenroy Gilbert, Robert Esmie and Carlton Chambers by winning the Olympic Gold Medal in the 4x100m relay.
In 1993, Bruny emerged on the world tour, capturing his first of two back to back World Indoor Championships over 60m. He was ranked on five different occasions as one of the top ten sprinters in the world and ran seven times under the 10.00-second barrier. To date, his personal best of 9.84 seconds is the 5th fastest of all time. Today, Bruny leads by example influencing, motivating and encouraging by telling his story of sacrifices, hard work and dedication. He offers his services across the country to schools, corporations and organizations with hopes of inspiring them to reach their respective dreams.
He is a humble and conservative man – fitting for a man who ran the third leg of Canada’s gold-medal relay squad in Atlanta. The Quiet Lion – the title of his biography – was the setup man for Mr. Bailey’s glory, but victory wouldn’t have been possible without Mr. Surin’s workmanlike run around the bend. He is now a president and chief executive officer of his own group of companies, including Sprint Management, now uses what he learned to maintain a stable of more than 20 athletes. Services include the handling of endorsements, post career counselling and financial planning. He also runs a charitable foundation, has a clothing line and invests.
Bruny is convinced and is living proof that his message of perseverance during hard times along with setting and managing goals are instrumental keys towards success. Bruny Surin: Olympic Champion, Canadian Track & Field Legend and entrepreneur. On more than 500 occasions, Bruny has shared his remarkable path to success with students, corporate clients and business leaders. More than 150,000 people have been influenced and inspired by his conferences across Canada.
- Inducted to the Canadian Olympic Hall of Fame
- Has captured a gold medal at the Olympic Games in Atlanta.
- 2 gold medals, 1 silver medal, 1 bronze medal at World Championships
- 2 gold medals at the World Indoor Championships
- Broke the 10 second barrier in the 100 meter on repeated occasions
The Bruny Surin Foundation:
- Provides scholarships to support young people financially;
- Provides sport-scholarships to financially support young student-athletes by allowing them to excel in their discipline while successfully completing their studies;
- Conducts awareness-raising and preventive education campaigns for young people;
- Organizes charity events to raise funds and support the Foundation’s mission;
- Inspires sponsors and donors to contribute to the success of the Bruny Surin Foundation’s mission.
PASSIONATE, MOTIVATING & INSPIRATIONAL
A motivation/leadership based presentation where Bruny tells his story of sacrifices and hardships to become who he is today. This presentation covers or can be tailored to include:
- Motivation and leadership based on his personal journey in sports and business
- Working outside of your comfort zone
- How to develop a winning attitude
- How to surpass your goals
- The Olympic experience
- Teamwork and support
- Resilience and overcoming adversity
- Performance and productivity
- The importance of giving back
- His personal journey in becoming Canadian
- Accountability | Self Leadership
- Attitude | Change of Attitude
- Burnout and Energy
- Business Expert
- Business Growth
- Business Leadership
- Business Management
- Community | Community Development
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Employee Relations | Employee Solutions
- Excellence | Success
- Health and Wellness
- Leadership | Leadership Development
- Leadership and Change
- Overcoming Adversity | Adversity
- Parenting | Family
- Performance | Productivity
- Professional Growth | Personal Growth
- Teamwork | Team Building
- Workplace Culture
- Youth | Youth Development