Mindful Conscious Leadership Consultant and Organizational Culture Change Expert
Joanna Barclay is CEO and founder of the Culture Leadership Group, a global speaker, author, corporate leadership consultant, and media columnist to the Business Times. She has 35 years of business transformation experience. The first 15 years working in the IT industry with leadership teams helping them implement new technologies. The past 20 years as a certified professional facilitator and corporate culture change consultant working with leadership teams to build high performing, values-driven organizations.
Her passion is personal and organizational transformation, developing conscious leadership, and empowering organizations to reach their full potential. Joanna’s expertise is working with leadership teams around the world, enabling them to assess their workplace culture, giving people a voice in the process of change, integrating cross-functional business functions for effective collaboration, to meet the business needs of the future.
Joanna has facilitated numerous organizational transformations with a wide variety of clients including large Canadian federal government departments, private corporations and non-profit associations in North America and Asia.
She recently moved back to Ottawa, Canada from Singapore where she lived for 5 years, speaking at conferences on Conscious Leadership through Values, and working with leadership teams who were going through cultural transformation.
Joanna is a certified International Association of Facilitators (IAF) Professional Facilitator & Institute of Cultural Affairs (ICA) Technology of Participation Facilitator, a certified Cultural Transformation Tools (CTT) Consultant from the Barrett Values Centre, a graduate of the National Training Laboratory (NTL) Organizational Development program, and graduate of the University of Ottawa in Management of Information Sciences.
There are 3 critical issues preoccupying organizations around the world:
- How to reduce burnout, increase wellbeing, engagement and productivity to attract talented people?
- How to transform your workplace culture in response to a global, digital world?
- How to create a sustainable values-driven organization which takes care of people, profits, and the planet?
Who you are on the outside looks a lot like who you are on the inside. Your brand is the experience of your company by your clients and your culture is the experience of your employees. How many leaders today consciously map, measure and manage their corporate culture to achieve their strategic goals? If you aren’t measuring your culture, it’s quite possible you have an unconscious, default culture which is negatively impacting the bottom line success of your company. The most important thing to do is awaken leadership by creating a conscious culture to lead continuous change.
Joanna provides a powerful framework for cultural transformation, where leaders learn how to create a conscious values-driven culture by tapping into the wisdom of the organization to create an integrated, holistic employee experience. Ensuring cultural alignment for strategic success.
Key Learnings from the Talk:
- How to become an employer of choice to attract, engage, and retain top talent
- The leadership and culture necessary to create a conscious workplace to support collaboration, mergers, and digitization
- How to create cultural capital, your competitive advantage and the new business paradigm of the 21st century
It is the enjoyment, fulfilment, growth and progress towards achieving our full potential that is the juice of life. To achieve this state, we must have a mindset and appreciation of the journey to the goal, rather than a sole focus on the goal itself.
If the path embarked upon is values-based, then we have consciously conquered the competitive need to be the best in the world, to become the best for the world. There is no more negative stress. Everything we do is fun, inspiring, and joyful. This creates a conscious workplace culture where staff are disciplined and take responsibility. So enthralled by their work they do not want to go home at the end of the day. Engaged in learning and experiencing their full potential, where the whole organization becomes high performing.
In her talk, Joanna shares her experience in leading the Conscious Leadership with Horses program, and 3 decades of leadership success in business transformation from her book, Conscious Culture – How to Build a High Performing Workplace through Values, Ethics and Leadership.
Key Learnings from the Talk:
- The values you choose to live define and give direction to the journey.
- Being the role model while you walk the talk.
- The life force energy in values awakens and empowers human potential, increasing employee engagement and high performance.
- Creating culture consciously happens through conscious conversations with conscious leaders.
- Leadership from the head and the heart is a sustainable source of inspiration and motivation to support leading cultural transformation.
Joanna is the author of the acclaimed book, Conscious Culture, How to Build a High Performing Workplace through Values, Ethics and Leadership. In this book, Joanna Barclay shares 30 years of business transformation experience. It provides a blueprint for igniting the life force energy in values that fuel a high performing, values-driven organization.
- Business Change
- Business Communication
- Business Expert
- Business Leadership
- Change Management | Change
- Leadership | Leadership Development
- Leadership and Change
- Multicultural Workforce
- Performance | Productivity
- Professional Growth | Personal Growth
- Teamwork | Team Building
- Workplace Culture