Disability and Inclusion Expert
John Hendry delivers sincere, passionate Keynotes and presentations drawn not only from his background, but most important, from his direct experience raising a son with special needs. As we all know, nobody can speak to these issues more intelligibly than the person who has lived it. John Hendry has not just lived it, he has proven beyond any doubt that his sage advice can inspire anyone with special needs to stretch beyond their ability…… to be Held Back by Nothing!
In addition to his desire to help make the world a more inclusive and accessible world for everyone the diversity of his life-experiences is vast. A quick read clearly demonstrates the breadth and depth of his abilities, accomplishments, and commitment to helping others.
Here is a window into those life-experiences.:
* Served in the Royal Canadian Navy
* Attained a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Wilfrid Laurier University
* Earned a Diploma in Business Administration, Wilfrid Laurier University
* College Instructor at Conestoga College – Ontario Small Business Courses
* Performed several times as a stand-up comic at fall fairs, night clubs and television
* Served 30 years service as an elected public school board trustee.
* Recognized for advocacy of persons with special needs by receiving two Ontario Cabinet Appointments.
* Minister’s Advisory Council on Special Education (6 years)
* Accessibility Standards Council/Standards Development Committee of Ontario (5 years)
* Awarded the most prestigious award for an elected Public School Board Trustee
* Wrote and Published two books: “Held Back by Nothing” and “never say NEVER”
* Published writer in 4 International hockey magazines
* Published articles in national disability magazines
* Served two years on the Community Editorial Board – Waterloo Region Record
* Professional International Speaker (Canada, U.S.A. and Japan) Member of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS)
* Featured speaker 4 times at the Pacific Rim International Conference on Disabilities and Inclusion
* Hosted 28 International exchange students from 12 countries